Superdrug's Colour Rewind Review - and OMD it actually works!

Colour Rewind Review






A brief history of what I've been upto with my hair. A while back I used Loreal Rimini which is really good for those with natually or dyed dark hair as it brought my hair upto a lovely light brown. However silly me, always wanted a change; decided to be abit different, so I bought a box of Live Violet hair dye. Now, I've used Live hair dyes before and they've always made my hair go jet black and I never get that purple hue or blue hue etc but as their was a sale and it said it had some lightening in the pack I thought hey ho let's try it. Well it darkened my hair quite abit and then left me with a red halo which was slowly fading to orange...the worst colour! I then used a semi permant hair dye, I used a dark brown to get rid of the halo.....then waited 4 weeks and used Nice and Easy Light Ash brown to get back to a nice neutral brown.  That wasn't happening because of all the hairdye build up!!! I popped into Superdrugs and got the Colour Rewind for £5 on sale which I thought was a good justified price to buy it. Its usually £10.

Anyways, I seriously didn't think it would work, alot of reviews said it didn't work for them but I thought no harm in trying. So I put it on as if you would when your dying your hair...left it on for an hour, didnt think the colour was coming off, until I washed it and OMDz my hair was brown!!! Glad it wasn't orange...but I wouldn't of minded as long as it's not black! It was really strange how it worked though, as when I was washing it out I couldn't see any colour running through the water but it definetly took the colour out.

My hair was lifted back to the original brown shade or somewhat similar to what the Loreal lightened my hair to. As my hair colour didn't look too bad I've decided to keep this shade until my hair has grown out abit and is longer. ( Recently had a trim).

I do have to say though the product is brilliant but it does dry your hair out. I have very dry wavy coarse hair to begin with, and it wasn't as bad as it would be after bleach but it does make your hair feel drier. It also has a weird eggy smell that will probably last until you've washed your hair at least twice after using this product. It kind of reminds me of that chemical smell when people get their hair permed! Anyways I could live with that!

My Final Thought
I didn't even know this product existed until I discovered it in Superdrugs. It's a great way to get rid of dark hair that you have changed your mind about. Alot of reviews have said it left their hair orangey or ginger, so I'd keep a toner or a semi nearby if you don't want to look like a ginger biscuit! Overall great product, I didn't think it would work on my hair...I have so much build up in my hair I didn't know what to expect, but would recommend this product. Only thing I would advise, is to use intensive conditioners or hair masks just to bring your hair back to its original healthy condition. I also noticed that my hair did go slightly darker in shade from when I originally washed it, but not alot so bear that in mind if you find it bright straight after washing it, it will go more subtle.

it has been now two weeks after using this product and my hair feels back to its usual condition so its not damaging in a long term sense!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maybelline Coloursensational Matte Lipstick 987 Smoky Rose | Review & swatch - The perfect nude

Lavera Mineral Eyeshadow Quattro 02 Cappuccino Cream | Review