Alima Satin Matte Mineral Foundation Review

Alima Satin Matte Mineral Foundation
I was looking for a natural mineral foundation for a while. I tried Bare Minerals in the past which didn't really do anything for my skin, it was drying and my skin just didn't look glowy.  I came across Alima which is an american based brand and was wowed by there 61 foundation shades. I did the foundation selector colour guide which was really simple and easy to follow and for my asian NC35 - 40 asian skin tone, it matched me to a 'WARM 4', 'GOLDEN 4', and 'BEIGE 4'.

Sample sizes:
I ordered the sample sizes which came in small cute pots with a generous amount of foundation that was enough for a few days of wear, it's better then other brands that just give you a small satchet which can be very messy and hardly any foundation to work from. They also gave me four eyeshadows shades to try which was nice of them.

Shade:
I have yellow (golden) asian undertones to my skin and match to a MAC NC35. I found that GOLDEN 4 was TOO yellow for me. It would probably suit someone with very strong yellow tones with no other tones to the skin. The BEIGE 4 was more neutral and slightly more pink/brown tonedm this would suit someone with no Golden tones at all. WARM 4 was perfect for me, it had yellow to slighty peachy warm tones to the foundation which was more subtle compared to the GOLDEN 4 which is just pure yellow. I would say the WARM 4 is the better natural yellow option for me as it had more warmth to the shade which suits light-medium asian skin shade, it matched my complexion better as I'm more warmer golden toned rather than just yellow completely.                                            
(bottom left: Golden 4, Top: Warm 4, bottom right: Beige 4)
 (from left to right: Golden 4, Warm 4, Beige 4)

The good stuff -ingredients:
I have been using this foundation for nearly a year now and its my go to foundation for on the go or simple every day work makeup look. I love the fact it only has 4-5 ingredients in it. (Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). It's never made my skin itch or broken me out in spots.

The finish/How it looks:
The finish is exactly what it says on the description, 'Satin Matte Foundation'. Its not dewy, and its not matte either. It gives my skin a fresh subtle glow with a smooth natural finish to the skin. My skin has dimension and it reflects light which looks like your glowing from within naturally. I wouldn't want my skin to look matte, specially as a powder as that can look quite dulling to the skin, so this is spot on.

Staying Power:
I can get an oily T-zone so by the end of the day most mineral products tend to melt off or disappear and settle into lines and this doesn't. I won't say this keeps me shine-free all day but it does last longer then other mineral products I've used and by the end of my 7 hour work shift I have a nice dewy glow. I might have to pat down my T zone once in this time after like 4-5 hours of wear, however the lasting power of Alima is better then other mineral foundations I've tried, as those have just melted and make my face shiny.  

My Final Thought ❤:
I think it is a really good mineral foundation, the packaging is cute but like with all mineral foundations its quite similar with a sifter inside and the little plastic container. The powder itself is very finely milled, its very soft and super blendable and it has no sparkly glitter bits in it which I like as those tend to make you look like a greaseball by the end of the day. it has light to medium buildable coverage and goes on smooth.

The colour selection is amazing, I'm sure everyone would find a colour to match as there is so much variety for darker skintones which range in neutral, cool, warm, golden, and beige and each of these skin tones  range from 0 to 9 depending on how light or dark your skin is. 

It costs $25 and I think in pounds that would be roughly 18, which I think is a really good deal for a good quality product. I've come across other mineral products that are meant to be good for your skin which is what attracts you to buy it, however the look it gives is dull and does nothing for your skin. This mineral makeup is quality and gives me that natural radiant glow from within look. I want to look and feel nice as well as using something good on my skin.

it is the perfect everyday natural and light product and I would repurchase once mines finished!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EX1 Delete Fluide Concealer | Review and swatch

PHB Ethical Beauty Loose Mineral Foundation in Beige | Review & swatch

Dr Organic Rose Otto Shampoo & Conditioner | Review