Naturtint Permanent Hair Dye in 6N Dark Blonde and 7N Hazelnut Blonde| Review

So over the past year I have tried a few different hair dyes, toners mainly from drugstores like Boots or Superdrugs and I always seem to come back to the Naturtint range. I find the coverage and the shade very much close to whats on the box, my hair NEVER ends up going jet black which it has done from other dye brands. I especially like the 'Natural/Neutral' range in Naturtint, its not too warm or too cool, just a very natural mid brown toned shade and I love it.

I usually swap between 5N and 6N depending if i wanted to go abit darker or lighter. Over the summer I decided to mix 6N and 7N to see if I could go abit more lighter so I mixed both shades together.

I have asian dark brown practically looking black hair and when I use the shade 5N I get a nice medium to dark brown shade to my hair.  When I want to get a more light medium brown shade thats more prominant and noticable then I usually go for 6N which I'd say is the perfect mid brown natural looking shade for me, and my hair takes to the colour really well. 

The last 6 months I have been mixing half and half of 6N and 7N and it did go to a light brown but I did get a very slight orange tinge, not too much but I can tell that the 7N is probably a shade too light for me and too get to the true shade I would have to bleach my hair and then use a level 7 hair colour. I think level 6N is fine for my hair to reach a light to medium brown without any orange tinge or brassiness to my hair. 5N is also nice if I want to go a tad deeper and more closer to my own hair colour.

Coverage
The coverage is excellent, it covers my greys really well compared to drugstore dyes which over a few washes I find the greys start to show. I have a few greys now (can't deny it!) around my temples and hair parting and this dye works really well in covering them, obviously the lighter you go in the hair dye the more the greys will show up simply because darker hair pigments take to grey hair much better and last longer. I do find level 6N perfect for covering my greys and last until I do my root growth 6-8 weeks later.

I do find over the weeks the hair colour does fade/ go lighter but I do't mind this as it still looks very natural and the brown shade looks more natural with the washes. Not to say the colour fades over the greys, I mean just generally in the shade. 

Shade
If you have dark hair like mine and what a more prominant brown shade to come through I would recommend 6N which is 'Dark Blonde'. Dark Blonde simple means Light Brown, and dark hair would never reach a true blonde shade anyway so ost likely your hair would reach a light brown at the most.

5N which is Medium Chesnut Brown gives a lovely mid to dark brown tone to hair. My sister uses this and her hair takes to this shade really well and she gets a mid brown shade that fades into a light brown. On my hair I find I get a medium to dark brown, and it doesn't fade to a light brown it stays a mid brown. We both have different hair textures and I guess the dye takes to her hair better it terms of making it lighter but I find I need to go a level up if I want to get the true brown shade showing through. However I do like to use 5N when I want to go darker for the winter or add more shine back in my hair which obviously would show more on darker hair. 

Overall...
A great home dye. It is alot pricer than the ones in drugstores but they usually have offers at Holland & Barretts where they get slashed to £8 or have the buy 1 get one half price offer on. Alternatively I discovered a website called 'Nutrisun' that sell it for just over £7, and I often purchased two shades to get free delivery over £10. Bargain!

Overall condition of hair after dying is like most dyes it does feel abit dry until you use the conditioner and CC cream provided (the anti ageing CC cream is amazing btw!). Overall though it doesn't change the condition of the hair too much, I find my hair goes back to its usual softness.

If you are looking for a more low chemical or PPD hair dye that lasts longer than Henna, then this is definetely worth a try and they have a wide range of shades, so I'm sure you would find something that works for you.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Pure Organics Herbal Hair Colour Dark Brown | Review

Maybelline Coloursensational Matte Lipstick 987 Smoky Rose | Review & swatch - The perfect nude

Alima Satin Matte Mineral Foundation Review