Anastasia Beverly Hills Lipgloss | Review and Swatch

Anastasia Beverly Hills Lipgloss in Caramel

100% Cruelty Free and Vegan


So during the Black Friday sale in 2019 I ordered the shade Caramel which is described as a warm pinky brown shade. Lots of Instagrammers rave about this so as I don't own alot of lipglosses I thought to give this a try. 

Shade
The shade is beautiful, its got the right warmth, the right, tone and depth. It's such a flattering colour I think for light skintones and dark skintones. It's a very medium to medium dark toned shade so it would be flattering on anyone and not come off too light or pasty on anyone. I think it's a beautiful natural looking shade for asian/tanned golden skintones and thats why I purchased this. It's correct when it says its a pinky brown, I think the added brown tone to it just makes it a more muted pink and natural looking on th lips.

Consistency/Pigment
It claims it's lightweight, however I do find it is on the thicker side and I do feel like I have something on my lips. Lipglosses have come along way though and its not sticky, just slightly tacky which is fine. 

Oh my days, the pigment on this lipgloss is insane! I've never come across many lipglosses that are pigmented or that opaque to cover my pigmented asian lips. This does a really good job. I do use this with a nude lipstick underneath, like MAC Velvet Teddy or something along those tones and it looks really nice. On the days where I just want a shiny lip I just use the lipgloss alone and it looks really natural like my lips but better and glossy and lush! The shade does come through compared to other lipgloss brands that just sheer out on asian lips and end up all looking the same colour, so I love it for that!

Overall...
Reall impressed with this product. I do have this in the shade Toffee too which I purchased in the sale which I haven't opened yet, but I'm happy with my purchase as its a really good quality productand the colour payoff is amazing! The shade Caramel in particular is very asian girl friendly so you need it in your life!

Also love the fact its cruelty free and vegan. I must admit I have made purchases off brands that are not cruelty free/vegan as I just didn't look into it at the time and blindly splurgled, but I am making a more conscious effort to be aware of what I'm purchasing from now on.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EX1 Delete Fluide Concealer | Review and swatch

PHB Ethical Beauty Loose Mineral Foundation in Beige | Review & swatch

Dr Organic Rose Otto Shampoo & Conditioner | Review