Nudestix Magnetic Lip Plush Paints | Review

Nudestix Magnetic Lip Plush Paint in Waikiki Rose Review

Nudestix Magnetic Plush Paint in Waikiki Rose

(Nudestix 100% Vegan and Cruelty Free) 

So...it's been a while. Kind of neglected this blog as life just got busy and I'm a mum of 2 now!  I'm back though as writing blogs is what I enjoy, and that's why I created this blog in the first place, so here I am :)

Lets get into my first review of the year. My husband surprised me the nude plus paint from Nudestix as I kind of posted on Instagram that they looked good. I'm a busy mama and pretty much on the go most of the time so my makeup ( and hair) looks need to be pretty quick and easy, not as polished as I used to be but as long as I look put together to face the day thats all I need.

The reason this product in particular caught my eye is because its monocromatic meaning it can be used on the eyes, cheeks and lips to create that monocromatic same all shade look with just one product.  If this isn't the perfect 'on the go' product than I'm not sure what else could be?!

My husband got me the shade 'Waikiki Rose' which I would of picked too, it's a natural looking colour with abit of coral warm pop. The product is described as 'A magnetic lip plush paint packed with natural extracts and calming skin botantical for a clean formula you can use on the lips, cheeks and eyes alike. In a soft velvet - matte texture that's easy to blend, it's watercolourpigments create a seamless blurred effect'.

I feel like these multitasking and 'no makeup makeup' looks are really in for 2020. Brands such as Glossier are up there with the barely any makeup makeup looks. Alot of brands have also released  lip stains and cream blushes as seem to be very in, so Nudestix's product are also on par with these. Nudestix have always been known for creating products that are for women on the go and travel friendly.

Shade
They have some beautiful shades in this range and Waikiki Rose is described as a coral rose shade. I think it's a shade that would be very flattering on very fair shades and medium to medium tan. When I have tried this product, I've used it on the eyes, lips and cheeks and it gives a lovely natural put together look, you can build up the colour or leave it looking sheer to look effortless like you just woke up looking fresh faced. I do like to build it up on the lips as I prefer a more pigmented lip shade and it doesn't feel heavy or drying.

Staying Power/Coverage
This product is great for being on the go so I would assume the product would not need touch ups during the day as I'd expect 'on the go' products to last longer. Saying that I only found the product wouldn't last long on the lips, which is ok to touch up. I think we have gotten used to matte lipsticks that stay put for hours so it was abit of a different texture to me as I thought it would be like a matte liquid lipstick..  I did find because the product has abit of a slip and it would easily transfer when drinking as it doesn't dry down. The shade lasted well on the eyes and cheeks, which just slight fading, my cheeks were slightly patch from where I might of touched my face but not noticable as the colour is sheer. 

Consistency
The nudestix plush paint has a matte finish but with a slip to it, so doesn't dry down. Feels very light and balmy on the lips. The consistency of the product is thin and blendible and blends in effortlessly onto the eyes and cheeks using smudging or blotting techniques as described on the product.

Packaging
The packaging is very cute and sturdy, the plush paint comes in a tin that has a mirror inside the lid. This is great but I can imagine if you brought loads of these lip products or any of their other products you would have loads of tins lying around! So not environmentally friendly. Also I feel the price is high (£24) because if the packaging and I prefer recyclable packaging and in my opinion would of been better. The Plush Paint itself comes in a nice light tube with a screw cap and a doper applicator which is perfect.

Overall...
Excellent idea and concept, beautiful shade range, great for on the go and quick makeup looks. Easy to pop into your handbag and apply anywhere, in the car, school runs etc. Only thing is I wish the colour payoff lasted longer on the lips as it does fade away and did go slightly patchy on the cheeks. Overall it gives a lovely fresh natural makeup look to the face. I think these products would go really well with tinted moisturisers and light based makeup. It's not something I would use for evening or looks that I wanted to last the whole day, like special events, it's great for a every day looks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EX1 Delete Fluide Concealer | Review and swatch

PHB Ethical Beauty Loose Mineral Foundation in Beige | Review & swatch

Dr Organic Rose Otto Shampoo & Conditioner | Review