It's Pure Organics Herbal Hair Colour Dark Brown | Review

Natural Hair Dye by It's Pure Organics in Dark Brown Review

All I can say is wish I knew about this dye sooner! 
 
My hair history this past year...I've gone through pregnancy hair loss and dryness, not to mention having a no dye period when I was pregnant. This is why I went crazy with the dyes once my LO was born! I ombre'd my hair which meant my ends were bleached twice, coloured and used toners many times to keep ends dark blonde and ashy. Then semi colours on the roots/mid length to keep my hair and a few greys dark and glossy. So all this basically meant my hairs been in a really dry, brittle and frizzy state. It's ruined my natural waves all because of wanted an ombre. Something I'll never do again as its hard maintain when you naturally have dark hair that has a tendency to go orange tinged. I've had regular trims which have helped but after a while hair starts too look rough, lacking lustre and no shine. I think this is partially due to a bad diet, me colouring hair loads and post pregnancy.
Anyways long story short...I wanted a fresh start and to pretty much go back to my natural dark hair colour minus the chemicals. 

I started googling natural hair dyes..came across the usual ones that health shops have but they still have chemicals in their dyes but minimal amounts - so not satisfied. I wanted something purer that would condition my hair too. I know putting henna on the hair can help reduce hair fall due to hair being stronger and in better conditioned so came across some henna dyes. I have tried henna before and had a good experience with it. I remember my hair being shiny and having multi tones in it. I came across 'It's Pure organic' hair Dye on Survana's website. They have amazing reviews for their dyes on their website...not to mention they have different shades. I always though henna dyes hair orange or dark orange...little did I know it depends on the henna and indigo mix ratio! So something new I learnt. Being asian I always see men with orange beards and ladies with orange roots from henna so it always put me off. 

'It's Pure' range have different shades of brown, and the reviews have no mention of orange tinged hair. I thought worst comes to worst my ends where I had the ombre will go orange but no...I have got lovely dark brown hair with multi tones. 

The pack did say test your hair first...Probably a good idea if you haven't tried henna before or have chemical dyed your hair but I had faith in this product just to get on with it lol, plus im too impatient. So basically I picked the shade 'Dark Brown' I though if my hair does go black at first it will fade after a few washes anyway so wasn't too worried. 

The packaging
The box is so cute and just goes with the theme that it's pure and natural. Love it's simplicity. It comes with a shower cap and really good gloves!
The directions are really clear and easy to follow. I didn't personally follow the measurements strictly. I just kept added water to the henna until it reached a yogurt like consistency.  

Method
Once I made the paste I took it to the bathroom and was very careful when applying it...it is quite messy but it's a natural product! I used cling film to wrap my hair into before putting the shower cap on. I left it on for 3 hours whilst I got on with house chores (thank go I had no visitors over).
After the 3 hours I didn't use shampoo but gave my hair a good wash until the water ran clear and put on an intensive hair mask. Normally henna makes the hair feel abit dry when washing but with this brand in particular it wasn't too bad.

My Final Thought
My hair looks fuller shinier and healthy. It actually feels better. I can't believe it actually coloured my hair evenly all over. My hair went a very very dark brown but I've washed it and it's gotten slightly lighter which I don't mind. My greys have blended in well...I wouldn't say they are as dark as the rest of my hair but it's blended them in so they are not noticeable, probably a light brown shade,  I hope they stay this way
.
Really love this product. I'll see how long this colour lasts and probably try the 'Brown' shade next time, just so it will be abit lighter for summer. I dont think I'm going to go back to chemical dyes again! My hair is a very rich dark brown shade, just feels nice to have one whole colour over my hair now...back to healthy hair!
 

Comments

  1. Hi there. have you used this dye since Im thinking about trying it myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I have used 3 boxes in the past. Recently using the Holland and Barrets Naturalist range. the henna is very gentle and lasts a few weeks but I wouldn't say its permanent. I would of carried on using it but it's just bit messy. I would go back to this brand if I was to use it again though

      Delete
  2. Did you try the brown colour? I'm wondering what the colour was like. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I did try the brown, I did get a nice shade of brown but I think the greys covered better with the dark brown and I preferred the intensity of that shade more. I guess it depends if you want to go medium brown or dark brown.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any black colour variations you tried?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EX1 Delete Fluide Concealer | Review and swatch

PHB Ethical Beauty Loose Mineral Foundation in Beige | Review & swatch

Dr Organic Rose Otto Shampoo & Conditioner | Review