Naturtint Permanent Hair Dye Colour in Teide Brown 6.0 | Review

So I like to switch up my hair colours abit, and hadn't dyed my hair for about 5/6 months. I picked up 6.0 in Teide Brown from Holland and Barretts instead of my usual 5N Chestnut Brown or 6N Dark Blonde. The colour did work well on my hair, I got a lighter side of medium warm brown hair colour. The only think is I don't like warmer shades of brown in my hair as they tend to pick up red/orange or ginger tones in my hair which you can see more in sunlight. So if you are looking for a warm brown then this is a nice shade, but after experimenting with a few colours I noticed warm browns don't suit my complexion, as I'm already warm skintoned, and I feel it makes my skin look more on the orange side. I know they say cooler tones suit cooler complexions but I know by experimenting over the years cooler tones actually freshen up my complexion and complement golden skintones really nicely. Sometimes the opposite works much better!

My Final Thought
These shades do work and are quite true to their shades on the box, however this shade in particular I didn't really like on me. I think I prefer the 'Neutral' shades in the brand which are 5N and 6N which colour my hair more of a neutral brown shade and its lasts longer in terms of fading into brassy shades. Just so you know my natural hair colour is a dark dark brown and this box dye is probably 3 shades lighter than my own hair and it did work well in lightening my hair to the shade. So they do work, my hair didn't go orange but just dyed it the warm chocolate brown which this shade is. I do think Naturtint Dyes do lighten abit overtime. In winter I do prefer going abit darker, so may try 4N which is a dark brown, just hope it doesn't go black as the high street ones too!

* Don't have a picture of the box as I chucked it away - sorry!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maybelline Coloursensational Matte Lipstick 987 Smoky Rose | Review & swatch - The perfect nude

It's Pure Organics Herbal Hair Colour Dark Brown | Review

Yes to Carrots Daily Facial Moisturiser Review